Favorite Quote

“The world is not a wish granting factory.”
Augustus Waters- Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Augustus said this to Hazel when they were talking about her and her cancer. Augustus told Hazel this, because she wanted him to stay alive, but she also wanted to speak with the author of her favorite book, before she passed on. He tried to tell her that she couldn’t get everything she wanted, but then he gave her his wish from Make-A-Wish foundation, so she could fulfill both wishes. Even though both of her wishes came true, that doesn’t mean that yours will always come true.

This is my favorite quote from Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I love this quote, because it helps me know that even the wishes you want more than anything, don’t always come true. You might come really close to making that wish come true. But, as Augustus Waters said ” The world is not a wish granting factory.” From reading this quote and the book I learned that you don’t always get what you want. Even if you work really, really hard, you won’t always get it, but you might learn something about yourself, and you might find something better.

20140409-102447.jpg

2 thoughts on “Favorite Quote

1. I LOVE that book too! My name is Caiya, and I am 11, in 6th grade, a student blogger too, and I like chocolate and reading. I also LOVE your blog! My blog is http://caiya.edublogs.org. I hope you keep writing and you check out mine, too!
    ❤️,
    Caiya